Marketing Maven

A young professional's struggle with everyday life...

Monday, June 20, 2005

I hate Mondays

Now that I got the update out of the way, I can give you the update of the weekend and my shitty Monday.

Saturday we went to the most boring graduation party ever...it was so boring I drank 5 glasses of wine just to be amused. It was bad, I couldn't walk very well.

Sunday, Father's Day, was a lot of work. It was supposed to be a small family dinner, it ended up being a party. It was fun, but I had to do all of the cooking. I still have dishes to wash in my sink! Daddy had a great time out in the garage with all of the boys. I'm glad that Kevin and I have a house now...it's nice to be able to have my parents over and actually cook for them. It's also nice to have a guest room so that we can have friends stay over who live far away.

After that busy weekend waking up was tough...but realizing that you've left your laptop at home the moment you walk into your cube...horrifying! I borrowed an extra one because if I went home I would have stayed there....and after the "talk" I had with my boss, well I'm not going to be taking it easy for a loooooong while.

I have also chosen today to re-start Weight Watchers. So far I've eaten 19.5 points and had 4 glasses of water. (Does coffee count toward that?) However, I'm not looking forward the exersize part. I've always been a member of a gym, but I've never NEVER weighed this much. So if I mention my weight, please understand, and be NICE.