Marketing Maven

A young professional's struggle with everyday life...

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Brush with Fame

After I got over my (husband's) brush with fame I realized that I have indeed NEVER met anyone famous. Of course my husband, in Los Angeles for not even an hour, saw a whole lot of American Idols....alas, I have only seen Ivana Trump rushing through LAX in a pink suit when I was 7 years old. But that's it...well no I guess I'm lying. I've seen Jason Alexander, George from Sinfeld, twice in Maui and Kelsey Grammer once in Tommy Bahama in Maui. But, I never got up enough nerve to talk to them, or ask them to take a picture with me! I don't think that I actually looked directly at one for longer than 5 seconds. Something about causing a celebrity to be uncomfortable by my open mouthed stare just isn't apealing to me. My mom however is hilarious, one year in Maui she ran into Tom Arnold, approached him, grabbed his arm and said, "I saw you on TV yesterday!" Well he laughed and was very nice to my little rich, socailite mom...I think he even hugged her. I really don't know how famous people do it, to have people coming up to you all the time. That would be exahsting...of course a million dollar movie contract could fix that very fast. So I guess you take the good with the bad. I'm just happy that Carrie and Bo aren't total dicks.....yet.