Marketing Maven

A young professional's struggle with everyday life...

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Today is the Day!


Tired
Originally uploaded by Angelposh.

Ok so the title of my profile says, "Get the Skinny on the Plus Sized Professional" Now at the time I started this blog I was honestly, around 220. It was the highest weight that I had ever been in my entire life. I had 9 months till my wedding and I didn't want to be a fat bride. So in 3 months I lost 35 pounds and kept most of it off till the wedding. Where I sill was large according to most people at 198, and still plus sized. I worked out 1-2 hours a day 5 days a week and was a religous follower of Weight Watchers.... I looked HOT on my wedding day.

It's been 11 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, and 3 hours since my wedding last year. In that time I have gained exactly 53 pounds. So now, I'm at my highest weight I have ever been in my life, 243 pounds. I'm sorry but I must be honest, that is HUGE!

So someone a few days ago ran across my blog and was so nice to tell me that I was hot. Well actually I WAS hot. The photo on my blog profile is 53 pounds ago. So BEHOLD what I acually look like now (on a Friday night after 8 hours of work and driving in traffic.)

So now to the point of this baring of my soul. I've had enough! 3/4 of the clothes I own don't fit me. I shop at Lane Bryant. I've gone to a "not so bad" size 12/14, to a belly busting size 20/22. I can't even shave my legs properly anymore!!!

So here is where I set goals:

1) I will work out at least 30 minutes 5 days a week.

2) I will stay on my weight watchers plan, eat only the points allowed for the day and no flex points (flex points are for pussies).

3) I will drink 8 glasses of water daily.

Mini Goals:

5/30 Memorial Day, -3 pounds (240)

6/19 Father's Day, -6 pounds (237)

7/4 Independence Day, -9 pounds (234)

10/5 Labor Day, -18 pounds (216)