Marketing Maven

A young professional's struggle with everyday life...

Monday, May 02, 2005

"Reduction in Force"

First of all, no I didn't get laid off. At least not yet. :-/

I came in today to find that someone that is in our department was let go. UGH I feel horrible for this person and very angry for them. It's not fair, this person was so nice and smart that I can't believe that this actually happened.

I'm also thinking how could have this happened without a warning??? I've been with this company for going on three years and the two other times we had layoffs we knew it was going to happen...this time was like a thief in the night. You were robbed and you didn't even know it. I feel so violated, how could MY company that I'm so proud to work for have done this to such a undeserving person. I feel guilty that I feel violated because nothing happened to me. I actually got a raise, a smaller than usual raise, but still a raise.

EW I feel icky.

------------------------------------------------------------

My old boss and I went out for margaritas at lunch to talk about stuff. I feel better and when we got back people seemed to be doing better. I'm still afraid to talk about this with my own boss. I mean it could have been me. Even though I'm qualified for my position....I've only been doing it for six months. This whole day/week has been destroyed. I was so excited that I was going to talk about my weekend and my new washing machine....now I really don't see the point.