Marketing Maven

A young professional's struggle with everyday life...

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Tradeshow Diva

I had my 1:1 with my manager today and we spoke about me going to a tradeshow called CES in January. This will be be in Vegas....THANK GOD!!! It's a corporate show, so I'm sure that I won't have much input. Which, hopefully, means less strss for me. As soon as I know if I'm going for sure I'm booking a massage at Canyon Ranch!!!

My counterpartis in Japan this week....In January she will be going to live in Tokyo for a complete year. My manager said that we would be hiring someone to replace her, but now I wonder what will happen when she comes back.

4 boxes arrived today with coffee mugs with leather sleeves. That wouldn't have been my choice at all! But of course the nit-wit didn't ask me! What they're for I have no idea.

On another note, I found out that HR is doing an audit of our group...giving us new titles and compensation evals. Well the HR person told my friend that they wouldn't take money away from us, but the industry standard of Marcom is low. FUCK! Now I'm never going to get a big raise!!! She told me not to worry, but didn't promise anything.