Marketing Maven

A young professional's struggle with everyday life...

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Stitch 'N Bitch

Today my knitting books came! I'm so excited to start something else crafty.

I started quilting about a year ago and have made many things for my family. However it wasn't a very portable hobby and I couldn't take it with me when Kevin went flying.

Then I took up scrapbooking after I got married. I have so many wedding pictures that people gave me that I needed to do something with them. But alas, it's not a very portable hobby...more than quilting, but still not practical for traveling.

So I became inspired when a contractor that I work with came into the office with a wonderful hand knitted scarf! I was hooked! My manager told me about a great book that would get me started so I went to amazon and bought "Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook" So I'm going to Tahoe this weekend...and when I get back I will have taught myself how to knit.