Marketing Maven

A young professional's struggle with everyday life...

Monday, November 22, 2004

Gobble Gobble!

Whoo Hoo only a 3 day week!!! This is going to be so much fun. Kevin took me to Michael's this weekend and I bought enough yarn to keep me busy knitting all 4 wonderful days. Pretty much all I know how to make is a scarf...so that's what I plan on making. 3 or 4 scarves :-)

On to other things :-)

My hubby has spent 2 years worth of holidays with my family. Mostly because his family moved to Vegas right when we met and he didn't have the money to ever see them. So he's spent the holidays with me, my parents and sister. This was fine and dandy.

Well this year, he got it into his head that he wanted to spend Thanksgiving with his parents...wonderful. The only problem is, he didn't decide till 2-3 weeks ago. Well, I have already committed to pet-sitting for Thanksgiving and Christmas...therefore, me going to Vegas with him is a non-issue. Although I would like to get out of town, I secretly am screaming with glee that I don't have to go. First of all, his mom smokes like a chimney. I'm literally on allergy meds the whole time I'm there. Second of all, my father is a amateur gourmet chef! I think once we were in Florida for Thanksgiving with my grandmother and were MISERABLE because dad didn't cook. We actually went to a HOTEL for Thanksgiving!! GASP....horrible.