Marketing Maven

A young professional's struggle with everyday life...

Sunday, September 26, 2004

I am a Lutheran....

I went to church today for the first time in a long long while. It's been over a year since I've actually attended the morning service. I am Lutheran, and a very old fashioned one at that. I decided last night that I would go to the morning service. I was so afraid that I would oversleep that I didn't actually fall asleep until 2am! I even tivo'd a morning church service just in case I slept in. So I sort of wake up at 7am, because I want to go to the 8am, traditional service....well after less than 5 hours of sleep that wasn't going to happen. I let the dog out and climb back into bed. I do however wake up in time for the 11am service :-) It's the contemporary service...basically you don't sing formal hymns and there is a band. The pastor doesn't wear his formal robes....it was ok, I'll have to get used to it though. 11 am service is so much better for my sleep schedule.

It was weird going by myself. I've never gone to church alone and sat by myself. Even when I would go in college I would go with someone. I really wish that Kevin would go with me. He's out of town this weekend but he feels that he shouldn't have to give up an hour of his Sunday morning to show his faith. I guess you know how I feel about this. But I really don't have any ground to stand on right now since I havn't been to church in over a year.

It was nice thought, somehow I feel clean